Sunday, October 30, 2011

Summary Post C4T 10/30/11

This was my first post, completed last week on 10/23 at this site http://bryanjack.ca/2011/10/20/social-media-as-connective-tissue-presentation-for-bcssta/

Below is what I had to say:

Hello Bryan, my name is Jonathan Giles, I attend the University of Alabama and I’m currently enrolled in Dr. Strange EDM 310 class.

I enjoyed reading your thoughts on social media in the classroom and also using it with fellow educators. The presentation I watched above your blog was really small and hard to read at times. I’m not sure if this was by design or not but regardless it was extremely well done and the premise was sharp. As a future teacher myself, I hope you convince those who matter to start moving more toward a technological enriched future in the classroom. I can’t wait to see what you do next!


This was my second post, completed on 10/30 at the site
http://bryanjack.ca/2011/10/18/consensus-in-the-classroom/

Below is what I said...

Hello Bryan, I’m back! My name is Jonathan Giles, I attend the University of Alabama and I’m currently enrolled in Dr. Strange EDM 310 class.

I enjoyed reading this post on Consensus in the classroom. I think it is unbelievably important that we have our society and especially our student’s think outside the box and express themselves. The Occupy movement is all about accountability and encouragement to be engaged with what is going on around us. It seems our government isn’t up to the challenge, but hopefully education will be.

My summary of the two blog posts:

The first blog was more of a message to fellow educators and a plea of help. Bryan was trying to show/say how we need to get the ball rolling and get technology into the classroom ASAP. More importantly than saying it though, he presented some idea's showing HOW to do it. His slideshow/video was hard to read and I have good eye site so I think he could have done a better job but he got his point across and had it been easier to read I think it was one of the most well done and complex presentation I've ever seen.

The second blog seemed to be more about calling education out. Seeing if they had the guts to do what our government and others won't. Hold individuals accountable while also teaching them to be forward thinkers while also expressing themselves. It asked a lot of challenging questions that I would love to see some answers to.

I think Bryan is a very intelligent person who thinks outside the box as well. He has a vision. One that I share as well. He puts a lot of thought and effort into what he posts on his blog and I enjoy reading his work. He's the kind of person that changes things and gets things done.

blog of words

1 comment: