Sunday, October 2, 2011

Blog Post #6

The Networked Student Video:

This video really emphasizes what we as teacher's need to be able to do when we start teaching. "Why does the networked student even need a teacher?" On this topic I sort of disagree with the idea that all teacher's will be is an aid to information already out there. I mean, if that is ALL we are going to be good for, then I might need to be looking for another job. Judging by that theory, we wouldn't need half of the teachers we currently have at schools. I mean, how many teachers does it take to just show kids what to do and aid them a long?

I know just about all the information one would need is already out there on the internet to explore, but what about an English teacher who constantly was on my back correcting me as I wrote sentences, math teachers always working with me after school constantly helping me learn new theories and ways to solve problems, etc. Those things won't change in my opinion and they are desperately needed. Also, I'm really glad I'm getting into coaching. Simply because sports are one thing technology can't touch. If you're a good coach, you can get a job. It's all about the effort displayed on the field. And I'm as tech savvy as it gets.


blog of words

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jonathan, I agree with you. I think that teachers will always be needed for the common core subjects reading, writing, etc. I think that there is no way around that. There has to be a teacher to student learning session. I also wanted to say that I never really thought about the amount of jobs that would be lost due to technology. You are right there will not be as many teachers needed, and that is really crazy for me to think about. I just hope we will always be needed. I think we will.

    ReplyDelete